Monday, March 2, 2009

No use crying over spilled cereal... and watching out for "Bubby" dog

I don't know when Everly decided she loved our dog Buddy but she has for as long as we can remember. In fact I think it's because of Buddy that Everly loves, and appropriately "spazzes" out with excitement when she sees other people's dogs. Today, like every other day, when I let Buddy outside, Everly runs to the screen door windows, peers out, and begins to screech and yell and "runs" back and forth in total excitement while Buddy is outside. Then when Buddy comes up the stairs and is right outside the door waiting to be let in - Everly has to tap the glass and get overly excited again and make sure she comes and screams at me a few times to notify me Buddy is outside the door. She has said his name perfectly before but usually it comes out as "Bubby" and it’s not regular or consistent in anyway.

Buddy, used to be so concerned for her when she was really little. When we first brought her home she had jaundice really bad and was in a Moses basket next to our bed with a bili-blanket on her all the time we weren’t feeding or changing her. Anytime Everly would start to fuss or cry - "nurse dog Buddy" would run over and peer into her basket and alert us. It was SO funny. I wish I had a picture of him sticking his head over the basket but the only one I have is just of her in her little basket. He would beat us down to see her most times. Now that Everly is older, and rougher, he keeps his distance. He would like to play with her more and you can see it when he gets all excited but she is a bit too rough and pulls his hair so for right now it’s a fine balancing act for Buddy getting love and getting destroyed!

Now as for spilled cereal... Everly is an EXTREMELY loving kid. Honestly I hardly ever get mad at her and she is a really good baby but somewhere down the line she has picked up the phrase "uh-oh" and it’s okay if she says it over and over again but for some reason when I say it too, even in a happy voice, she looks at me like I broke her heart and starts to tear up and gets ready to cry. The WORST part of this is that she tries to "fix" something she broke so I won't be mad and that just breaks my heart even worse.

Case in point... today she, while "Bubby watching" by the door, found her church bag of cereal and proceeded to eat it and carry it around. Its dry cereal so I don’t really care but she tripped and just a little of the cereal tossed out the top of the bag. She said "uh-oh" and I repeated it in a non-mean voice. She then gave me the super sad look, and started rushing around to pick up the cereal to fix the "uh-oh". It about broke my heart. She doesn’t want me to be mad and at 17 months that just amazes me. Like I said, I am hardly ever mad at her and it’s never over an "uh-oh". Anyways here are some pictures of her rushing around trying to pick-up and put cereal back in her bag or in some cases into her mouth!

1 comment:

  1. Cute stories and pictures Abby! I hope you're doing well! You, Dave, Rob and I will have to get together again one of these days and we'll have to go eat dinner. Call us!

    ReplyDelete