Have you ever seen the movie "Cars"? The Pixar animated one? Do you remember the firetruck and how he acted when Lightening McQueen wrecked his flowers? How he burst out crying and ran behind the building? This reminded me so much of Everly last night... I will explain.
Ever since Everly started walking I have noticed how toddlers "toddle". By toddle, I mean that they do this kind of funny walk where their little legs make these somewhat jagged steps forward. Its almost like a funny little march forward where most the times it looks like their top half of their body is learning forward forcing their little legs to march faster to keep them from toppling all together. Usually, at least with Everly, when she toddles around, her little hands are straight down to her sides like the dancers on Riverdance. She even does this when she "runs", and by "runs" I mean where she toddles faster than at walking pace.
Now Everly LOVES baths. Well, she loves being in the water. It drives her crazy when I am in the bathtub and she cant come in. Why don't I just lock her out when I take a bath you ask? Because usually it's when Dave isn't home and at least this way I can kind of keep an eye on her plus ANY time I shut a door and she knows I am on the other side, she proceeds to bang on the door with her spatula in anger and curses at me in gibberish.
So anyways last night, I'm taking a bath, she comes in, and tries numerous times to swing her little foot (complete with sock) over the edge and into my bathtub. I keep telling her, "No, this is mommy's bath." Well, then I just hurt her little feelings and how does she express her sadness?
She toddle runs out of the room, hands straight at her side, and head down, all the while crying (or more like "whaling") like the firetruck named Red from the Pixar Cars movie.
So what do I do?????
I laughed so hard that I felt extremely guilty afterwards. You should have seen it. Its just funny to see a human run like that let alone over not being able to get into a bathtub.
So then as soon as she rounds the corner (because of course she HAS to run AROUND the corner of the doorway for the most drastic effect), I see a little smiling face playing "peek-a-boo" around the doorway edge with me. Boy, that sadness sure lasted long.... NOT!!!
After about 10 seconds of peek-a-boo she came back in and tried to do the same thing again (pull herself someway into the tub)... to which I said the same thing, basically "no", and she took off AGAIN like the firetruck and did the same thing complete with another round of peek-a-boo.
All I can say is I wish I could have had a video of the events that took place last night because it made me laugh so hard and it was beyond priceless. It must be tough being a toddler, denied a bath, with a mean mommy that laughs at you!
I love my little mammal....
Ever since Everly started walking I have noticed how toddlers "toddle". By toddle, I mean that they do this kind of funny walk where their little legs make these somewhat jagged steps forward. Its almost like a funny little march forward where most the times it looks like their top half of their body is learning forward forcing their little legs to march faster to keep them from toppling all together. Usually, at least with Everly, when she toddles around, her little hands are straight down to her sides like the dancers on Riverdance. She even does this when she "runs", and by "runs" I mean where she toddles faster than at walking pace.
Now Everly LOVES baths. Well, she loves being in the water. It drives her crazy when I am in the bathtub and she cant come in. Why don't I just lock her out when I take a bath you ask? Because usually it's when Dave isn't home and at least this way I can kind of keep an eye on her plus ANY time I shut a door and she knows I am on the other side, she proceeds to bang on the door with her spatula in anger and curses at me in gibberish.
So anyways last night, I'm taking a bath, she comes in, and tries numerous times to swing her little foot (complete with sock) over the edge and into my bathtub. I keep telling her, "No, this is mommy's bath." Well, then I just hurt her little feelings and how does she express her sadness?
She toddle runs out of the room, hands straight at her side, and head down, all the while crying (or more like "whaling") like the firetruck named Red from the Pixar Cars movie.
So what do I do?????I laughed so hard that I felt extremely guilty afterwards. You should have seen it. Its just funny to see a human run like that let alone over not being able to get into a bathtub.
So then as soon as she rounds the corner (because of course she HAS to run AROUND the corner of the doorway for the most drastic effect), I see a little smiling face playing "peek-a-boo" around the doorway edge with me. Boy, that sadness sure lasted long.... NOT!!!
After about 10 seconds of peek-a-boo she came back in and tried to do the same thing again (pull herself someway into the tub)... to which I said the same thing, basically "no", and she took off AGAIN like the firetruck and did the same thing complete with another round of peek-a-boo.
All I can say is I wish I could have had a video of the events that took place last night because it made me laugh so hard and it was beyond priceless. It must be tough being a toddler, denied a bath, with a mean mommy that laughs at you!
I love my little mammal....




That is just HILARIOUS! I know what you mean about them wanting in when you're trying to bath. Ashley LOVES to take baths. I mean LOVES IT! I've never seen a baby like baths quite like she does. Of course when she knows that I'm in the bathtub, she pounds on the door too. I usually shower, but every now and then, I just like to soak. Oh, I loved those days when I could soak in peace and quiet!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't change these days for anything. She loves to try to come in and bathe with me, too. She starts pulling at her onesie and then looks at me like, "Well, mom... aren't you going to help?".
Anyway, I can totally relate to this bath story. I experience that almost EVERYTIME I want to take a nice soak. I usually just put Ashley in her room with her toys when I get ready for the day. It works wonders, plus it gives her time to be alone.