Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Miss Independant and Her Fixation With Spoons... (oh and yogurt)...

Everly has definitely entered into the "silverware" phase of being a toddler. I have always fed her when the food has required a spoon or fork to keep the mess to a minimum but she has taken it upon herself lately to take whatever bowl or yogurt cup we have finished feeding her and cart it around the house. (I would like to note my house is slightly cleaner now than what you see in the picture!!)She will carry it around the house for up to an hour after we have fed her and will continually "dip" her spoon into the basically empty cup or bowl and then lick it like a sucker after she pulls it out. She will follow me down to the bedrooms with it or into the bathroom and pull funny faces and make monster sounds.
And inevitably... no matter HOW LITTLE yogurt, Jell-O, cream of wheat, or oatmeal there is in said bowl or cup... she will end up with it ALL over herself... and by all over I mean in her hair, down her entire front, in-between her fingers, and ALL over her face as evidenced below:

But I figure she has to learn eventually so at least its a good time to start out when we have wood floors which can handle any messes and access to a bathtub! Also I just wanted to say that I find baby spoons EVERYWHERE in my house now. I had to buy a second package of them because we use so many of them and whenever I need to do dishes I have to go through the house on a "spoon hunt" to collect all of Everly's treasures out of filing cabinets, couches, bathtubs, toyboxes, from underneath our bed... you name it and I have probably found a spoon there.

No comments:

Post a Comment