skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Candy, a temper, and a mean mommy...
Today Everly found our old Christmas and Halloween candy. I had rearranged some of her toys thus exposing the candy loot. Everly took no time in finding it this morning and now that she is older with stronger toddler fingers, she knows exactly how to rip open small cardboard boxes in order to get the candy. She found one of Dave's boxes of SweeTarts and was ripped into it eating sweet tarts in no time. Of course me, being the bad mommy, let her have a few while I was putting away the dishes (before I made her breakfast). Then I heard the sound... "ack ack" and I rushed in to find SweeTart polka doted throwup all over. Apparently one SweeTart is not enough... you need 3 or 4 in your mouth at once and toddlers dont like to chew very well. Anyways Everly was totally fine and in the bathtub before 9am.
Clean, dressed and on the go... I heard the sound of something being dumped all over the floor (we have Pergo floors so this sound is VERY recognizable throughtout our house). I lean over the couch to find this :
and Everly getting ready to cry... I told her it was okay and not to be sad and went to get a ziplock bag to thus dispose and better hide the suckers. Dave bought the largest bag of these Dum-Dums awhile ago but of course he never finishes ANY candy so there they sit and Everly LOVES suckers. She did help me put most of them in the bag but she also tried to run off with a few which I took away. Thus causing this reaction:
Apparently I have a toddler who is learning how to throw little sad fits (aka temper tantrums). Its sad and amazing at the same time. How does she know to kick her feet or throw her body to the ground?!? I never taught her that and I am pretty sure they don't teach them that on Seasame Street yet Everly has picked this up.
Anyways this is just the begining of my day. My friend Jamie helped me figure out a cool template on my blog last night and I figured I would try to update and get this blog going daily or somewhat daily so that it becomes kind of a journal of my life and of raising my little mammal (Everly). I am so bad about writing on paper (typing is SO much faster, but yes, less personal) but I figure I only have my little mammal this size once and if I dont write little tidbits down I will forget them. I guess SweeTart barf is something I wouldnt mind forgetting but there are other things that I think Everly would like to read when she grows up and that I am sure I would forget in no time (I am very forgetful). So anyways thus this blog is started. I am not sure what I will do on our family website right now. I guess it will be a "wait and see" to see if I keep it or morph it or what but you, of course, will all be kept in the loop (if you dont want updates from me send me a little note and I will take you off the update list no problemo).
No comments:
Post a Comment