Tuesday, June 3, 2008

JUNE 3, 2008

I was given a bad time today for not updating my webpage in the month of May. I guess I should say thanks for noticing! Sorry I have been busy working but so has everyone else I am sure.

So the latest with the Pope family is that Everly has teeth! Yes two in fact. She got the first (lower left) during the 2nd week in May and then the second tooth (the lower right) popped through right around Memorial Day when we were done in Utah. It was quite an adventure there for awhile because she was teething and had a double ear infection. She was so sad. Talk about hard to watch. She even stopped eating as much and that just breaks your heart dang it! We didn't even know she had a double ear infection but took her in because she kept "batting" at her ear. We weren't sure if she had just "found" her ears because it was the first time we had ever seen her do that. Turns out it was BAD ear infections in both ears.

But a round of antibiotics and two teeth later she is back to her somewhat old self. We are going through some changes again with her. She has lately become more emotional. Like she gets sad more obviously now and she will kind of pout and act like she's going to cry but wont cry all the way. I think she just gets bored and lonely and who could blame her. She needs more interaction now which is tough since I work so much.

She REALLY had gotten into food. Thanks to a trip down to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's she can now eat and LIKES to eat crackers of all sorts off her highchair try. Its funny to watch her fish them around with half of them ending up on the floor (to which our dog buddy is more than happy to help clean up). She also is starting to get excited when she just sees jars of baby food. She will start "OooOoo"-ing at them and start hopping around in her high chair before I can even get the spoon ready to go. That makes me laugh. I gave her some nectarines for the first time last week (she REALLY liked those - must take after her mom as that's my favorite food of all time). She seems to like also anything with cinnamon but she wont eat much table food. Still working on that though. I am getting to the point where just for fun I will give her just a spoonful of whatever I have as long as its not meat and let her play with it. Some things (like noodles or potatoes) I don't think she realizes she can eat but fruit and crackers she knows those are edible. She officially knows the process of chewing so less comes out once it goes in but she still pulls some pretty funny faces when trying new things.

Other than new foods, she has become a rollover pro. Its hard now to change her diaper in the middle of the night because those little hips can flip so fast now. Sometimes she has a hard time sleeping or will wake up kind of screaming/crying so we bring her in to bed for awhile and because she can rollover she has no learned new ways to soothe herself to sleep in the dark once. Once in bed with us she will turn towards one of us and then start grabbing or "honking" our noses as a source of comfort in the dark until she gets to sleep. Its pretty funny except in the morning when she wakes up and tries to then PLAY with your nose by sticking her baby razor sharp nails up in your nostrils! She made Dave bleed one morning doing that! It was "funny" but not "funny" if you know what I am saying. A shock to the system to say the least if that's how you started your morning! She still wakes up every morning in complete smiles. Honestly I think she is always so happy that time of day its amazing. It makes YOU happy to see her.

My co-worker and friend Jamie Law and her husband watched Everly for the first time overnight last Friday so Dave and I could have a little time to hang out by ourselves since it was our anniversary this last week. Dave was excited about the time off from Everly for DAYS in advance. I, started to get sad thinking I wouldn't get to see her on my breaks or when I got off but I managed. It was funny to see how each of us handled her being gone. Dave came in to see me working and he said, "I'm bored since I don't have Everly to watch." It made me laugh. I was SO excited to see her the next day and she as really happy to see us too. She jumped the highest she ever has in her little jumperoo once she got home!!!

Oh... you didn't know she had a jumperoo? About 3 weeks ago I noticed she had really outgrown her playmat and was seeming bored and needed something to do so I went online to craigslist and found her a used Fisher Price Jumperoo. She LOVES it. It has been so funny to watch her bounce around in that thing. It has really helped her strength wise and now she can sit up unassisted (but still watched) and she can kind of stand up but is NO WAY NEAR walking or really standing up on her own.

That reminds me... we had our first call to the ER Nurse about a fall this last month. Dave sat Everly in the LaZboy and turned to write a quick email. She listed to the side and over the edge she went head first. I could hear the "thud" from down the hall with the door closed. Then I heard this "Oh baby" from Dave and then the audible air intake of the formation of the world's nearly largest cry come from our dear daughter. Needless to say the ER Nurse said unless she fell over double her height, not to worry about it unless she shows excess symptoms. She was fine but of course we felt like mud. We could tell she was fine when she started laughing at Buddy.

Speaking of Buddy, Everly *loves* Buddy. He will come racing down the hallway all cranked up doing his "crazy dog" routine and Dave will hold on to Everly in his lap and she was just squeal and laugh and act and go completely to pieces in a fit of giggles and Buddy doesn't even have to get close to her. She just see him hopping around and it just cracks her up! You would die laughing if you saw how cranked up she gets when she watches him. Its almost like she thinks he's coming for her but they hardly even touch during this scene but it doesn't matter to her. Ahhhh to be a baby.

Nothing new with me or Dave really. Dave is making me a homemade spice rack as I type this which makes me laugh but I am so happy to get! Seriously we are boring but that's good for now. Dave still doing the Mr. Mom thing and I am working a lot of house to get us by until he's back in school. I wish I had more time off but I think every one does. We are worried about how the economy is going with fuel and food prices but there isn't much we can do for now except tone down a pretty tight budget as it is.

Hope all is good with you and your lives! Drop us an email sometime and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment