Wednesday, September 12, 2007

SEPTEMBER 12, 2007

We had a really good appointment today. I had what I think was my last ultrasound today (still no word on the sex of the baby - this time it was butt in the air but legs tightly clamped so the ultrasonographer with 16 years experience didnt want to guess) and then a follow-up appointment. We were told the baby was measuring right about 5lbs 1 oz (give or take 3/4 a pound) - HOLY CRAP - and STILL right around its due date. I am still weighing right about my pre-pregnancy weight so I dont know how this kid is growing that much. It was asleep during the ultrasound which was nice because its been kicking the living crap out of me lately. When I lay down my stomach is so hard it makes it nearly impossible to sleep, roll over, get out of bed, etc. and I have got heartburn and stomach acid even worse now and even on my high double dose stomach acid medicine which isnt a good sign.. but I do okay. I am entering this fun newer phase where I eat and then throw up my whole meal because there isnt room for it and the baby in my stomach - good times there! I am also swelling a bit more in my hands, arms, legs and thighs but still dont look like the elephant woman so all is well at least for now. I am finally feeling a little better than I have been (last week and this last weekend I was miserable). The last two days have been pretty decent days though nothing has been accomplished around my house I still consider it a plus to not feel like I am dying. We were told today that I will be having weekly appointments and NST (non-stress tests) from here on out until I deliver and that I will NOT be going past my due date because the chances are high I wont make it to that date anyways and because I am just a problematic patient. Right now they are thinking of possibly inducing me on the 19th of October if I dont go into labor sooner. The doctor flat out said from this point on if I am in distress or the baby is then out comes the baby and we should be pretty much okay. In a way I am relieved because it means an end is in sight but it also slightly makes me feel guilty for wishing eviction so soon. This means that I have about 4 weeks from this Friday or less. I guess people with kidney problems tend to go into labor sooner than their due dates so it could really happen any time now or if I got back a bad NST or something along those lines. I am just glad I wont be overdue. I was also told that the baby has more fluid around it than it really should (it should be around 20 and mine is 25+). This doesnt really concern the doctor because of how far along I am and hypothetically could correct itself or on the other hand or cause more problems before I am due. The baby is also head down where hopefully it will be staying for the rest of the pregnancy. If/When I get closer to the estimated induction date, I will find out more about whether or not the doctor thinks I will be successful with an induction or whether or not I will have to move onto a different plan (possibly c-section or something else). We were told the induction could take anywhere from a day to three or four days depending on how they approach it. I guess if its going to work its going to work and if not then it wont so whether they hit you hard or take it easy on you, the outcome would be the same. Anyways I think thats about all for now. Its nice being home now until I have the baby but its stressful too because there is so much to do an no energy to do it! Always something I guess.... We took our child prep class on Saturday and Dave wore the pregnancy empathy belly (he was a volunteer god bless him and believe it or not he had to sign a TWO PAGE WAIVER in order to volunteer releasing the hospital from any liability... you should have seen the waiver - it was amazing). THAT WAS SO FUNNY. They had him pick up pieces of paper off the floor and practice laying down and getting up out of "bed" - I about died laughing. It was SO comical. Also we did a hospital tour on Monday night. It was fun to go and see this herd of pregnant women waddle hand in hand with their spouses/partners around the hospital (you should have seen us all in the elevator at once) but we didnt really learn much new since we have been to the hospital many a time. The one thing we did get to see for the first time was one of their newly remodeled labor and delivery suites which are STATE OF THE ART -- NICE -- they all have new jacuzzi tubs and flat screen TVs and the rooms are freaking HUGE. Seriously. I have never seen a hospital room that large. With my luck though I will probably end up in one of the old rooms since they are remodeling and are only done with about 50% of the rooms. Oh well... I dont know how nice a TV would be when you are in labor anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment