We had the mid-term pregnancy ultrasound yesterday (June 14th). The baby was measuring in the 50th percentile so right smack dab in the middle of where it should be and also measuring RIGHT on the October 27th due date. For those of you who hate math that means I am 20 weeks along. I will be 21 weeks which is right at 5 months this Saturday. I had been hoping I was magically further along but apparently I am not. The baby was measuring in at 13oz so just a little over 1/2 a pound and I can't remember how many centimeters long it was measuring but according to normal growth charts its should be about 10 inches from head to heel right around now.
When we had the ultrasound the baby was butt in the air and facing my spine so they had a hard time doing a lot of the measurements and getting a good picture of anything. We did not find out the sex but even if we had wanted to the baby was not only facing away from the ultrasound monitor but it also had its legs closed and was riding its umbilical cord like saddle so it would have been 100% impossible to find out what it is. We take it as a sign we really aren't meant to know. It took almost a whole hour to get a look at everything organ and measurement wise so that was kind of fun. Because I have had kidney problems they will continue to monitor its growth and will probably do 2 or 3 more ultrasounds from now until the end of the pregnancy but don't expect us to find out the sex later on either. We will be strong (or at least we'll try to be).
We have been told I have already bought myself a "monitored" pregnancy by my OBGYN because of all my "issues" so I will pretty much be watched like a hawk by my OBGYN and by the Kidney Specialist until I deliver, during delivery and then also afterwards. We were also told yesterday that I am also at high risk for preeclampsia because of the kidney issues (so exciting let me tell you) so who knows when I will have this baby. We are just praying if I do get preeclampsia it wont be until the very very end or they will admit me to the hospital to say for weeks or months (yuck) if I end up with it before 34 or 36 weeks.
You can view more of our ultrasound videos by clicking these screens below:




No comments:
Post a Comment